I love watermelon and tomatoes sliced up on their own as the perfect snack, but I also love finding fun ways to incorporate my favorite summer flavors into summertime meals. This salad recipe tastes like summer in a bowl — full of fresh tomatoes from the garden and delicious watermelon. It's an ingredient combination that may surprise you ... and your taste buds! But I bet this one will be a new favorite. Enjoy!
Watermelon and Tomato Salad
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 cups cubed tomatoes (we love Campari)
- ½ cup halved and thinly-sliced red onion
- Handful of torn fresh basil
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- Feta cheese for topping/garnish (we also like it with shaved Parmesan)
- Kosher salt and cracked pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper and whisk together.
- Add watermelon, tomato, onion, and basil and toss until coated.
- Top with cheese of choice and serve at room temperature or chill for later.
Notes: Add the cheese when serving so it doesn't get soggy. Serve with crusty bread to make it a light and fresh lunch!
bepslabor via Canva