Schedule, Map, Parking and Hotel Details Now Available for
Loveland Sweetheart Festival in Downtown Loveland Feb. 14-15
The Sweetheart Festival in downtown Loveland Feb. 14-15 has unveiled its schedule, list of activities and map for attendees. The festival will be held in the Foundry Plaza and on 4th Street from Cleveland Ave. to Lincoln Ave. 5-9 p.m. Friday and 2-9 p.m. Saturday. The event is free and open to the public.
Throughout the festival, activities and events will happen in the Kids' Zone on 4th Street and the Foundry Plaza. A Tunnel of Love, LED-lit heart arch will connect the two areas in the alleyway just west of the Metrolux Dine-In Theater.
Sweetheart Festival Entertainment, Wedding and Race Schedule:
● Friday, Feb. 14
○ 4:30 p.m.: Group wedding (Foundry Plaza)
○ 5 p.m.: Festival opens (Kids’ zone, beer/wine garden, Palace of Sweets, food court/food trucks, LOVE Locks sculpture, community art installation projects and more open until close)
○ 6:30-8:30 p.m.: Chris Daniels & The Kings (main stage)
○ 9 p.m.: Festival closes
● Saturday, Feb. 15
○ 2 p.m.: Festival opens (Kids’ zone, beer/wine garden, Palace of Sweets, food court/food trucks, LOVE Locks sculpture, community art installation projects and more open until close)
○ 2 p.m.: Little Miss Valentine and Mr. Cupid Contest
○ 2 p.m.: Mountain View High School “Into the Woods” Performances (main stage)
○ 2:30 p.m.: Sweetheart Classic 4 Miler race begins (4th and Railroad)
○ 3-4 p.m.: Bobby Wiens Jazz Quartet (main stage)
○ 6:30-8:30 p.m.: Nathan & The Zydeco Cha Chas (main stage)
○ 9 p.m.: Festival closes
● Kids’ Zone Area: The following activities will take place in and around the kids’ zone on 4th Street between Lincoln and Cleveland during festival hours.
○ Loveland Parks & Recreation brick creation station*
○ Princess meet and greets/photos* (Saturday 2-8 p.m.)
○ Little Miss Valentine and Mr. Cupid Contest** (Saturday 2-5 p.m. inside the Rialto Theater)
○ Airbrush face painting*
○ Glitter tattoos*
○ Balloon animals*
○ Ice penguin ring toss*
○ Palace of Sweets (featuring B Sweet Cupcakes, Colorado Candy Company, Red Branch Foods, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, and Starlight Dessert Bar)
○ Loveland Museum Valentine history pop-up exhibit* (inside the 4th Street Gallery)
○ Heart ice sculptures*
○ Colorado Eagles shoot booth hockey games*
○ Community mural art project*
○ Visitors Center Shop: Love Lock purchases + engraving station
○ Live reindeer* (Saturday from 3-5 p.m.)
● 3rd Street and Foundry Plaza
○ Live music and entertainment
○ RC Events beer and wine garden (featuring Berthoud Brewing, Big Thompson Brewery, Crow Hop, Dratz, Grimm Brothers, Loveland Aleworks, Rock Coast, and Sweetheart Winery)
○ Inflatable heart light mapping projection
○ Light show with LED walls (5-9 p.m. nightly)
○ Graffiti ice wall
○ New love lock sculpture
○ Standee selfie stations
○ Tunnel of love
○ Spectra Circus performers (throughout the festival)
Food trucks will be located on 3rd Street and will include the following: Cupcake Gypsies, Origins Wood Fired Pizza, Salty Dog, Scripted Kitchen, Heavens Popcorn, and Human Bean (located on 4th Street).
Parking is available in the parking garage located between 1st and 2nd Streets along Lincoln and Cleveland Avenues on a first-come, first-served basis. Additional public parking is available throughout downtown Loveland.
● The Townplace Suites by Marriott – Loveland’s first downtown hotel – has a “Leave the key to your heart in Loveland” hotel package for valentine weekend. In addition to a one night's stay in a luxurious suite and complimentary breakfast buffet, guests will receive a bottle of champagne, a sweet treat, discounted movie tickets, and a love lock to place on Loveland's two love lock sculptures.
● Sylvan Dale Ranch Romantic Sweetheart Getaway packages include a one- or two-night bunk and breakfast package Feb. 14-16 in a cozy fireplace cabin at the ranch complete with a dinner for two, hearty ranch-style breakfasts and access to 3,000 acres of hiking trails, game courts, game room, and horseshoe pits. Trail rides will also be available by reservation weather depending.
● Romance Package – Courtyard By Marriott Package - Enjoy chocolate-covered strawberries, a bottle of champagne when you book a Romance package during Valentine’s Day weekend. Click here to book.
● Romance Package – Holiday Inn and Candlewood Suites Hotel Packages - The Candlewood Suites and Holiday Inn Express in Loveland will offer chocolates and a choice of either a white or red bottle of wine from Loveland's local vineyard, Sweetheart Winery. They will also have a non-alcoholic beverage option available upon request. Must book at least 48 hours in advance to book this package. Candlewood Suites: (970)667-5444 or click here to book. Holiday Inn Express: (970)663-0057 or click here to book.
The festival features something for everyone - families, couples, beer, wine, and chocolate lovers, running lovers, art lovers and forever loves.
Presented by the Loveland Chamber of Commerce and Visit Loveland Colorado, the festival is an extension of Loveland’s rich history as the nation’s Sweetheart City and one of the top small art communities in the nation through art installations, attractions and contests.
* Free to participate / ** Must register in advance
About the Loveland Chamber of Commerce
Founded in 1902, the Loveland Chamber of Commerce is northern Colorado’s “driving force for business.” Comprised of more than 750 local companies, the chamber offers a vast array of educational and networking programs to help its investors, both large and small, gain the skills and resources necessary to thrive and prosper in today's economy. As a founding member of the Northern Colorado Legislative Alliance (NCLA), the chamber also serves as an advocate for business, working on behalf of entrepreneurs to lead and influence local, state and federal policy on issues affecting the unique interests of business in northern Colorado. For more information on the Loveland Chamber, please call 970-667-6311 or visit www.loveland.org.
About Visit Loveland
The mission of Visit Loveland is to enthusiastically promote, market and sell Loveland, Colorado as a destination for meetings, conventions and individual travelers, fostering economic development and benefiting and supporting members and the overall business community. It is Visit Loveland’s goal to promote tourism, conventions and related activities within the city by marketing the city and sponsoring destination and community events. Learn more at VisitLovelandCO.com.