Try these wonderful and simple treat for Breakfast or as “Breakfast Dessert” as my daughter says. Don’t forget the traditional Momosa! You can serve it with or without the alcohol (without alcohol is what we call the Momosa).
Easy Sugar Cookie Fruit Bites:
The ingredients are simple:
- 1 package of pre-made refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 8oz. package cream cheese softened
- Sweetener of your choice, 1 Tbsp honey, OR 1 Tbsp stevia, OR ¼ Cup sugar (or to taste)
- Fruit of your choice, sliced into bite-sized pieces if needed
- Optional - Jelly of your choice, strawberry or orange marmalade are favorites
- Optional – ½ tsp. Almond flavoring, OR ½ tsp. Vanilla flavoring
And the steps to prepare are equally easy:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 24 count mini-muffin pan (or use liners)
- Press 1-inch balls of the sugar cookie dough into cupcake tins.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes depending on type of pan and oven. Remove from oven when golden brown. They will be puffy but will loose that upon cooling. Transfer to cooling tray or serving platter.
- Whip the cream cheese slightly then add sugar and flavoring. Mix till evenly incorporated.
- Once the cookies are cooled, dollop a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture onto each cookie. OR you can also pipe it on if you like.
- Top with fruit. Our favorites are blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, peaches, and oranges.
Mother’s day Mimosa’s (Momosas made without the alcohol)
Try any one of these brews with or without the alcohol. We do without because my daughter likes to drink the fancy drinks with mom.
2 cups orange juice (not from concentrate)
1 cup pineapple juice, chilled
2 Tbsp grenadine
1 (750-milliliter) bottle Champagne or sparkling wine, chilled
Combine first three ingredients. Pour equal parts juice mixture and Champagne into flutes.
8 large ruby red grapefruits
1 bottle of prosecco, chilled
Juice the grapefruits and pour the juice into a pitcher. Pour half the bottle of prosecco into the pitcher. Stir well.
3 cups orange juice, chilled
1 cup cranberry juice cocktail, chilled
1 bottle Champagne or sparkling wine, chilled.
Garnish with an orange peel and/or frozen cranberries.
In a large pitcher, combine the juices. Add the Champagne before serving. Garnish with an orange peel and frozen cranberries.
Strawberry, Lemon and Basil Mimosa
3/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
Juice from 2 large lemons (about 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice)
1/2 cup agave or honey
8 medium fresh or frozen strawberries, thawed and sliced
One 750ml bottle Prosecco, chilled
1/2 cup soda water or sparkling water, chilled
In a pitcher, combine the basil, lemon juice and agave. Using a wooden spoon, crush the basil. Stir in the strawberries, Prosecco and soda water. Serve in chilled Champagne flutes.
Orange Cream Mimosa
2 1/2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice (5 to 6 oranges)
1 orange, zested
1 cup half-and-half
1 cup superfine sugar
1 bottle sparkling wine or Champagne
In a blender, combine the orange juice, zest, half-and-half, and sugar and blend until the sugar is dissolved. Pour the mixture into a shallow pan and freeze until hard. Remove the frozen mixture and let sit to soften slightly for about 10 minutes. Scrape out a small scoop with a spoon and put it into a Champagne flute. Fill the glass with Champagne. Garnish with strawberries.