We headed to the country this past weekend and, as always, stopped at a local fruit stand. We could smell the perfectly ripe peaches before we even got all the way to the front of the stand! I bought about ten pounds of peaches with a few pies and a cobbler in mind.
Here's my super easy slow cooker peach cobbler recipe.
What you need:
- About 8 medium peaches, sliced (you can peel if you wish, I DO NOT peel)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, thinly sliced
- Optional: chopped pecans or walnuts
What you do:
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray OR use a slow cooker liner (found near plastic wrap and foil in most stores).
- Put sliced peaches into the slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. (Add pecans or walnuts to this mixture, if using.)
- Sprinkle the mixture over the peaches in the slow cooker.
- Top with butter slices.
- Cover the top of your slow cooker with a paper towel and then put the lid on top of the paper towel. This will allow the paper towel to absorb the moisture.
- Cook on high for about 2 hours.
- If desired, serve with vanilla ice cream. YUM!